How to enter:
Who is eligible?
Anyone in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6 who is in the Halton or Peel Region.
What size should it be?
The poster should be standard 8.5 x 11 letter paper size.
What is the theme of the poster?
The four groups of instruments in an orchestra: strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion
What content can we have?
Be creative and colourful! Draw instruments, people, concerts etc. Use your imagination but please only show instruments that you find in an orchestra. Also note that we are now the OS for short, no longer “OSO”.
What materials can I use to create the poster?
There are two categories:
- create your poster by hand using any artistic materials you choose (example: crayons, pencil crayons etc.), and write your full name on the back
- create your poster on a computer, iPad etc.
How do I submit my work?
The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2018. You can:
- mail your poster to us at 310-200 North Service Road, Oakville, ON L6M 2Y1 (please write your name on the back)
- scan your hand-drawn work and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF or JPG)
- save your electronically-generated work and submit it to us as a PDF or JPG file using the form below
If submitting via mail or email, please include the following information:
Agreement to release all creative rights of the poster to the Oakville Symphony.
We will be choosing several winners to represent a variety of age groups.
PRIZES WILL INCLUDE:
- One $250 gift certificate from Long & McQuade Music in Burlington;
- six age-appropriate classical CDS; and
- 7 pairs of tickets to our Young People’s concert in the spring of 2019.
Winners will be notified by June 30, 2018. Please note we will not be able to return any posters we receive and that parents must sign a waiver to allow us creative rights over the submission.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING WHAT YOU COME UP WITH!
2016-17 Contest Winners!