Contribute to our success by joining us as a volunteer!
The Oakville Symphony is built on volunteers: our talented volunteer musicians help make us one of Canada’s most successful community orchestras; our volunteer Board works to maintain that success and give the artistic team the resources to do the valuable work.
Some jobs available include:
- Concerts: Help sell CD’s for guest artists, hand out candy canes
- Outreach: Help plan activities, deliver posters, greet families at concerts
- Fundraisers: Help plan and run special events to raise funds
- 50th Anniversary: Have some ideas about how we should celebrate? Join the 50th anniversary committee!
- Social media: Tweet, post, and photograph for us!
- Usher at a concert
- Host a reception
Studies have shown that volunteering is good for your health, develops new skills even while you are providing your existing skills, strengthens your ties in the community and makes you feel like you have more time!
Will it take much time?
Only as much as you are willing to give. Many tasks can be completed in a few hours a month or less.