The Oakville Symphony has been delighting audiences in Oakville for the past 51 years. Dedicated to the performance of large symphonic and operatic repertoire, our community orchestra is comprised of both professionals and community musicians. Concerts also feature talented young artists, as well as established guest artists.
The Oakville Symphony is seeking an Executive Director to ensure the continued smooth running of the business operations of the orchestra.
Reporting to the President of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director works with the Board to develop and implement short and long-range plans, as well as works with the Music Director to provide the services required to meet the orchestra’s performance needs.
The position oversees and supports all operations of the Oakville Symphony including accounts receivable and payable, budget, programs, venue, guest artists, equipment, grant applications, sponsorship pursuit and stewardship, database management, and daily administrative tasks.
The Executive Director also represents the Oakville Symphony to provincial and community organizations, as well as to the general public and the business sector. This includes outside collaboration with the Oakville Performing Arts Centre, the Oakville Symphony Youth Orchestra, sponsors, and other groups.
The ideal candidates should possess the following background and skills:
- Post secondary education in Office Administration, Business, Music or a related field is an asset
- Previous experience as an Office Manager or an Administrator is an asset
- Experience working with a not-for-profit board is an asset
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and WordPress
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or another accounting software is an asset
- Familiarity with social media platforms is an asset
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently
This is a part time paid position (25 – 30 hours per week) with the ability to work from your home. Hours will include some evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to Rhonda Wild at rhondawild (at) cogeco (dot) ca by April 5, 2019.